We make it easy and affordable to host a screening.
We believe film is the most powerful medium on the planet. By sharing stories we connect and can have a lasting positive impact. LIKE explores the reality of the challenges we face navigating today’s world basically addicted to our devices. How do we stop? Where do we start? What’s really going on?
Spread the word. Believe change is possible. These screenings bring kids, parents, and educators together to talk about this universal issue, share personal stories, and provide resources and tools. There is power in solidarity. The more you share, the more we connect. Share this film in your community because watching it alone on your couch does not create the same effect as watching it with others. Together we can learn more about ourselves.
A community screening will include:
- 1 screening of the film
- Moderator guide, Q&A guidelines, and Tip Sheet.
- Free updated resources and tools
- Ticketing/RSVP platform and marketing support to spread the word (please send us your logo ahead of time in order to create the link)
Families, educators, students, employees and members of any community can benefit from this film (appropriate for age 10 years+).
Here are some creative ways to pay for your screening.
- Use the screening as a fundraiser. You can sell tickets to your event and use the funds to recoup the screening fee. Funds from ticket sales are split 50/50 with IndieFlix. This way you can recoup your investment and possibly make money, too!
- Hold a bake sale to raise money to cover the screening fee.
- Teacher/Parent Match. Teachers chip in and Parents match contribution
- Student/Parent Match. Teens start a support group and then raise money and ask parents to match what they have earned.
- Donation: The evening of your event, ask attendees to make a donation at the door, with proceeds defraying the cost of bringing the film to our community. You could also consider making a donation to a mental health organization if donations exceed a set amount.
- Be sure to take advantage of our “Promote Your Screening” section on the LIKE website. Here you can find graphics and other promotional materials to help spread the word to your community.
- Approach your school parent board for donations and explain the importance and value of this screening.
- Ask your local community businesses to help underwrite the event and invite them to your event, provide their names on any marketing materials and in mentions and thank yous.
- Be creative and think outside the box when raising funds!
More ways to get involved
Donate to the IndieFlix Foundation
Your donation will help provide screening events in underserved communities around the world. IndieFlix Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization that supports stories that foster a more social emotional culture at home, school and communities around the world.Donate Today
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to the IndieFlix #MyMonday newsletter. Sharing resources and building community through movies to make monday and everyday healthier.